Creating templates for paint.net
This tutorial will show you how to create image templates. For example, a shortcut to create a 500x150 signature image without typing the size into the "new" dialog. The advantage of this over saving a PDN file to your desktop is that it will open as untitled, and you won't accidentally overwrite it.
1. If you have a paint.net shortcut on your desktop, make a copy of it. If you don't, copy the shortcut in your start menu and paste it onto the desktop.
2. Create the image you want to use as your template and save it somewhere safe (i.e. where it's not likely to be deleted).
3. Right click the saved image while holding down shift and select "copy as path". Paste it into the textbox below.
4. Right-click on the shortcut you created in the first step. Copy the contents of the target box and paste it below.
5. Delete the text in the target box and paste the following in. Press OK.
6. Rename the shortcut to something more descriptive.